We need food to live. Therefore, we must take practical actions to protect the safety of the food. To avoid food poisoning, we need to research information on hazardous substances, to find out the origin, the cause arises, toxicity mechanisms, symptoms of poisoning. And we will have an effective solution in preventing food poisoning. Although this is a tough task, we can not be indifferent. We need to cook food safely. This helps you have a healthy life, and happiness.
What Is Food Poisoning?
Food poisoning is a common disease, and it usually occurs after eating or drinking contaminated foods. These are infested foods, containing toxic substances, rancid, using preservatives. Food poisoning is often expressed through the clinical symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, fever, abdominal pain. Food poisoning is not only harmful to health (which can lead to death) but also makes people tired spirit.
Things to Note for Housewives
To ensure food safety, homemakers need to follow the following principles:
Rule 1: Choose foods a safe: If you decide to use foods like vegetables, fruits, you have to soak them and rinse thoroughly with clean water. Then you should peel fruit before eating. If you choose to use frozen food, you restrict food to coagulate. This would not be safe for health.
Rule 2: You need to be cooked thoroughly. You should be thoroughly cooked food. Typically, the feed will be guaranteed nine cooking at temperatures over 700C, and in a long time.
Rule 3: Eating after cooking. You need to eat immediately after cooking. Because food is not eaten early after cooking, the dish will contain more dangerous.
Rule 4: You need to preserve the cooked foods carefully. If you want to keep the food in about 5 hours, then you need to keep constantly on the 600C heat or cold below 100C. Children’s food should not be used again. If you need a device that helps maintain the heat and save a lot of time for cooking. You should use the best crock pot, and this is a useful kitchen appliance for cooking and food preservation.
Rule 5: Reheat food thoroughly if you want to reuse. If you want to reuse the old food (cooked dishes after 5 hours), you necessarily have to warm food.
Rule 6: Avoid cross-contamination between cooked and raw foods, dirty surfaces. Cooked food can be contaminated by direct contact with a live feed or indirectly with the dirty surface (such as sharing knives for food processing).
Rule 7: Wash your hands before preparing food, after each interruption. If you have an infection in your hands, you let bandage the wound to limit food infection. This would be very dangerous for your injuries and food.
Rule 8: Clean the surface to food preparation. Food is easily contaminated. If you use any surface for food preparation, you also need to clean the surface. You proceed sanitary towel through boiling water or replaced. This helps you keep the hygiene for the bowl, chopsticks.
Rule 9: Covering food to prevent insects and other animals. You should keep food in the sealed box, cupboard, glass cabinets, cages, tables … It’s the best way of protection. The clean towel was used to cover up cooked food, and it must be washed again.
Rule 10: Using safe, clean water. Drinking water is colorless, odorless, tasteless weird and does not contain microbial pathogens. Let boil before drinking. Be especially careful with the water used to cook food for the children.
Things to Note for Users
- Washing hands before eating, especially when handling food
- Drink only boiled water (boiled and cooled). You should use water-purification equipment to ensure health safety.
- Prevention of poisoning by toxic food coloring: Limit your intake of raw meat, with unusual colors, candy, and jelly with flashy colors, without an address or producer.
- Prevention of poisoning by plant protection chemicals: If you use a vegetable, fresh fruit, mainly raw food, you have to soak them and rinse thoroughly with clean water several times.
- Prevention of food poisoning by toxic naturally: do not eat mushrooms, wild fruits, dangerous animal products (viscera, skin toad, puffer fish, …).
- Preventing bacteria in food canning: You do not use canned food, which they were rusty, distorted. Milk, soft drinks, bottled water was discolored, dark dirt, and debris.
- Prevention of bacteria in the environment: You need cold storage (below 100C) for cooked food. If you want to use the food, you need to reheat food thoroughly.
- Prevention of cross contamination to processed food (roast pork, boiled): Restrict the use of uncleaned tools like knives, chopsticks, spoons, sticks. You do not use food from sellers with hands, dirty clothes.
- You do not buy in packs any specific information such as the address of production, date of packing, and expired goods.
- Avoid eating in the restaurant does not have clean water or pavement diner. This will provide an opportunity for the bacteria, flies, dust, and environmental toxins encroach on food quickly.
Food poisoning is an important issue for the whole society. Common causes are caused by microorganisms (fungi, yeasts, bacteria, viruses, prions) by plant protection chemicals, from food already contains toxins, by the food, is damaged, metamorphosed, by the additive added to food to preserve food (antiseptic, anti-fungal agents, the antibiotics, and antioxidants). So the cook as well as consumers need to pay attention to comply with the above principles to prevent food poisoning for themselves and the community.